Back again by VERY popular demand – Dye Your Fade Workshop with Annika from Dragon Strings!
Do you love the Fade trend but aren’t sure what yarns to pick? Why not dye your own Fade with a professional indie dyer!
Join Annika of Dragon Strings for this exciting all-day dye workshop! Annika will talk about how colours work together and what colours make up a good Fade. Learn the basics of dyeing yarn and how to create various effects like a hand-painted look, a variegated solid, or how to dye colours from one extreme to the other. Annika will help you pick a pattern, determine the yardage you’ll need, and help you mix dyes to create skeins that fade perfectly from one to the next. Spend the day playing with colours and knitting with friends, then go home with all the yarn you need to knit your very own, one-of-a-kind, custom Fade!
- Three full skeins of yarn in Annika’s Sleipnir base. Other bases (DK or Worsted) and additional skeins can be available upon request. Please let us know beforehand if you want something different as we will be unable to switch bases on the day of the workshop. We recommend coming into Eliza’s Buttons & Yarn before the class to squish all the yarn bases and pick which one you love!
- All dye, materials, and equipment needed to create your own custom Fade.
- One-on-one, all-day instruction with a professional indie dyer.
- Lunch, snacks, and beverages are provided. Please let us know if you have food allergies or restrictions.
- There will be downtime throughout the day while the yarn is cooking, cooling, drying, etc, so please bring any knitting or WIPs to work on!
Cost is based on the number of skeins and the yarn base you choose. For example, the workshop with three skeins of Sleipnir base is $125.
Please contact Eliza’s Buttons & Yarn for further details. Due to the one-on-one nature of this class, spaces are very limited. Please contact the store as soon as possible to sign up!